Monday, May 13, 2013

Here we are!

I missed this here ol' blog! Life has been speeding by and I am ready to sit back down at my computer and freeze time for just a bit while looking through my camera.
We have been adjusting to the new life of a family of four. Life has been amazing, but good Lord I'm tired! Berkley is doing great and Isabelle is a perfect big sister, which has made this whole transition easier. Berkley is slowly coming off her medicine, which can make for a rough couple of days, but other than that she is such a happy, sweet baby!

I had such a great day celebrating Mother's Day and I was given the precious gift of sleep!! (Thank you again, Mr. T and Berkley. You guys are awesome.) As soon as I woke up, I was greeted by a naked toddler wearing a tiara and sparkly shoes....Motherhood is awesome.

We did go visit Berkley's birth mom, M, which was great. Mother's day is such a day of celebration around here, but after visiting M, I realized how painful of a day it can be for a lot of women. For M, it is a day of regrets, brokenness, and pain. The look on her face when she saw Berkley broke me. She knows that she made a great decision by giving Berkley a home that she couldn't provide, but it still hurts. She has done the most selfless, self sacrificing thing that I have ever witnessed and it breaks my heart. She loves Berkley in a different way than I could ever imagine and I am so glad she does.  She will always be Berkley's first mom and we are so happy that she didn't take the easy way out. We will always love her for making that tough decision.
Me and my gals

Oh man, my heart just explodes for these two. 

I left her alone for ONE minute and the princess fairy placed a crown on her head. That's what big sisters are for, right? 



My little baby has become the best big sister that I could ever imagine. She makes me forget what it was like when it just three of us. She instantly fell in love and included her baby siter in EVERYTHING. 

Our first family hike.
 
Stay a little more up to date with our family adventures and follow me on Instagram: anotherstepmel

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

The bathtub picture? I DIE!! How precious! I love hearing that the family is doing so great.

I couldn't imagine what M is going through. Although I am so happy for you, I know it must be tough to be in M's shoes. I will keep her, and your family, in prayer.

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Love the update. Your thoughts towards Berkley's first mom are beautiful.

basebell6 said...

I too think the bathtub picture is amazinggggggg! True love just fills this story; on all ends.

reeree7 said...

Hey Girl, if You haven't already been nominated, I nominated you for the Liebster Award..Go to http://reeree7-thestoryofmylife.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-liebster-blog-award.html for details! :)