Monday, December 10, 2012

Making Memories here!

We are out of town for most of our weekends in December, so that means we are cramming in all the "family Christmas time" here while we can get it. That means date night to see Eric Church (he's sorta Christmasy, right? His name is Church....it counts), visits to see Santa, looking at Christmas lights, delivering gifts, having family dinners, making crafts and visiting the "North Pole" at our local Bass Pro shop (welcome to Oklahoma, folks).
 Awkward hand placement on my part. I have no idea why I'm grabbing my own goods.
 When bored with daddy, improvise and make a Charlie Brown Christmas tree.
 
We made some delicious Pinterest treats and they were a huge hit! Isabelle LOVED making them and my family LOVED eating only the good side and throwing out the plain pretzel side. Rude little sugar junkies.
 
Santa also listened to my request for Christmas to actually feel like Christmas with some cold weather. Yesterday a cold front blew in and made for a FREEZING morning. It actually IS starting to feel a lot like Christmas! It's a perfect morning in my book when we can enjoy story time together in our jammies, while I drink a fresh cup of coffee and Isabelle drinks some chocolate milk. I could die a happy momma. 

Of course, the cuddle time doesn't last all day and sister HAS to get her wiggles out, so we ventured to Bass Pro to get in some craft time and color some pictures for daddy before Santa came. Isabelle wanted to make sure to be gone by the time Santa showed up for his first shift.


 
You know it's going to be a good day when you park beside Santa's minivan. Who knew Santa drove a minivan to Oklahoma?
 
We had a great weekend and and in true toddler form, it ended with a tantrum, a time out and a wet bed. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a delightful way to end the weekend! That's sort of how mine ended too...wait. Looks like a grand time was had by all.

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE her littl red dress and shoes in the picture of her making a Charlie Brown tree :)

I usually bite the sweet/sugary side then the plain pretzel. that way I'm not left with just a pretzel hehe!!

momFITtingitallin said...

Love when the weather is cooler. Here in cali I would just love for it to be low 70's :)

Looks like you are having a great time.