Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Morning Blues

Why is it that when you have a great weekend, it makes Monday's even worse? I don't know why I feel like I have the "blues" considering I'm a stay at home mom and I don't have to get up and get dressed for work or go to an actual office. My boss also seems to have an attitude this morning and coffee doesn't really make her feel better.

This weekend we traveled to Kansas City and Lawrence Kansas for the big OU vs. KU game. We left Saturday afternoon after we dropped Isabelle off at her Grandma's house and headed to Kansas City first to get some of our favorite BBQ. As soon as we were done gettin our grub on, we rolled ourselves to the game (I honestly looked 7 months preggo after dinner). My sister and nephew traveled all the way down from Nashville for the game. My nephew was born and raised (for 3 years) in Kansas so he does have Kansas ties even though he cheered for the Sooners. His reasoning? He was born in Kansas but made in Oklahoma. I asked him what it meant to be "made in Oklahoma" to which he answered, "Jesus put me in my mommy's tummy in Oklahoma because he knew I would be an Oklahoma Sooners fan." Can't argue with that. So Mr. T and I were the only KU fans in the family. There was a LOT of trash talking going on. Especially from this guy:
Don't let the snow cone mouth fool you. This guy can whip out some good trash talk. He did have a few breakdown's when the Jayhawks scored. He wanted a 100-0 score. Winning by 30 just wasn't quite good enough.

Our group. Notice the non-packed house at the stadium.


 Thanks Mr. T for sporting the Jayhawk shirt. You look perfect in blue.

After the beat down of my Jayhawks nail biter of a game, we headed to Kansas City to stay the night and sleep off some of the BBQ. Have you been to KC? If you want to gain 20lbs in a weekend, go visit KC. It honestly has the best restaurants of any city I've been to. We miss the restaurants since moving so we decided to wake up early and hit our favorite biscuits and gravy place and then get some shopping done. Don't you love trying on clothes after eating a HUGE meal and a few dozen cookies? Those mirrors and lights in the dressing rooms are just great to flatter the flub. Kansas City also has some Bad A shopping. They just got a Nordstroms Rack and H&M so you can look awesome while staying on a budget. WIN WIN!

We also picked up this little number for the trash talking Sooner. He loved it. Even though he had to throw in an upside down "hook em horns" sign.

After a day of grubbing and shopping we headed back to Tulsa to see our dogs and our little lady. They both had great weekends and now are experiencing some of the "Moday Blues" right along with me, except they look cuter when they're tired. I just look tired. And bloated.

2 comments:

Ashleigh Nichole said...

aww it looks like you all had so much fun this past weekend....

Nicole [The Lovely Poppy] said...

cute! stopping by from casey's blog.. i'd love for to stop by my blog and checkout the huge ($100) giveaway going on-http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html xoxo nicole