Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Night Out

My first night out as a 27 year old woman was better than I could ask for. Do you remember when birthdays used to be a big production, where everything had to be perfect and planned? I guess now we focus more on our kids' birthday parties and planning for those that by the time our own birthdays roll around, all we want is peace and quiet. I wanted an "unbirthday" birthday party. And that's exactly what I got.

My mom picked up Isabelle for the night and I got to take a shower, get dressed with a glass of wine and listen to Christmas music (lately, Isabelle has made us listen to AWFUL kid music..I'm talking kids singing the most boring, poorly written christian songs out there).
Mr. T and I just sat at the house for a bit talking about our days and enjoying each others company. I forgot how quiet the house can be without a little one running around. The pitter patter of little feet running around on wood floors is a beautiful sound.
Do you know what else is a beautiful sound? Silence. Only parents understand me on that one.

We then went to eat at my favorite sushi place (Mr. T filled up on cream cheese won ton's before the meal even came....his biggest fear is walking away from a meal hungry) and enjoyed our favorite past time of just driving around town in his truck. While we were dating we spent a lot of time in his truck (not in a dirty way) because when you live with roommates, you don't get much alone time. We would talk about the future and where we wanted to be in a few years. Our new little roommate hates driving around, so we usually just drive from point A to point B in a hurry. We took our time getting to the restaurant and enjoyed the easy ride while we talked about what the future may hold, listened to Christmas music and judged all of the Christmas light displays.

Can you guess what our favorite Christmas light display was?



If you guessed Santa peeing off the roof, then you are correct and you know us well. Only in Oklahoma.

We spent the remainder of the night shopping at the mall (uninterrupted) while eating ice cream. I love the time with my little lady, but it's so nice to have a night out with just adults and it makes it even sweeter to know that Isabelle is at my parents house having a great time without us.

This morning we picked her up bright and early and returned to business as usual.


 

No complaints here....

1 comment:

Amanda T said...

Glad you guys had a fun night out. :) I'm cracking up here over that peeing Santa. lol.