Monday, February 20, 2012

20 miles...

I finished the second twenty miler in my marathon training on Saturday. It was rainy and ugly, but I was wearing SHORTS! Shorts in February? Amazing. I was pretty tired by the end of it, but thankfully I had Mr. T run the last 8 miles with me, so I had some entertainment. You can only listen to old school Nelly rap so long before it just get's old and sad that you still know every.single.word.

After the run, we met up with some of our friends at the Oral Roberts basketball game to watch Izzy's best friend (and if arranged marriages were allowed here....her future husband) race in the diaper dash at half time. It was great for a good laugh and Izzy got to go on the court at half time to dance!



 See the lightening bug on the left? That's Isabelle's new nemesis. He has taken the place of the Chic-fil-a cow.

Sunday I enjoyed the afternoon cooking and cleaning, alone. Mr. T took Isabelle to the park to play, while I enjoyed loud music and an even louder vaccuum cleaner. I take for granted how much easier the simple chores can be when you don't have a tiny human hanging off your leg or getting things out while you are trying to put them away. And (shocker!) I actually enjoy doing normal, everyday chores....I think everyday that goes by, I am more like my mother (minus the worn out  Rich Mullins  CD she constantly played and add the Civil Wars CD that I constantly play).

It's the little things that count right?

2 comments:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

20 miles!!! Insane. I so admire you.

Holly said...

Just found your blog via Welcome Wednesday! I love it. I am now following you and hope you will follow me back :) Holly @ Pink Lady http://holly-pinklady.blogspot.com