Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lake Girl

This weekend, we ventured 7 hours (and survived, thanks to Dora movies) to Mr. T's parents new lake house. The drive there went by quickly because Isabelle slept for most of the trip (we left around dinner time) and I finished  the last Hunger Games book. Holy moly this book is amazing. I am going to see the movie next weekend....and I can hardly wait (although I am nervous that Hollywood will screw it up, they always do. Except for Harry Potter).
The weather this weekend was awesome and we basically played outside all day. Isabelle was the perfect lake girl. She didn't have to bathe, she was constantly sticky from sunscreen, she fished and she ate like a truck driver. I did the same thing except I did shower, but only because I ran a 14 miler and I was drenched in sweat and bugs (my last long run before Boston!! yaya!!).
Of course I caught millions of fish. No I didn't touch them or bait my hooks. That's for rookies. And fish stink and give me the heebie jeebies.


The water was a tad too cold to get into, but we managed to find fun things to do.
The ride home was also great because we listened/watched KU beat North Carolina! If you are a Kansas person you know how monumental this win really was. It was amazing. The last time I watched KU beat UNC, I was in a bar drinking beer with my friends. This time around...I was driving home from a family weekend listening to the game and hearing Dora and tiny laughter in the background. My how times have changed. 
She was pretty pumped about the KU win though.

Thank you all for the awesome support with Noonday. I am so excited to be able to share the awesome stories and how we can bring awareness to a growing problem.
So now for The Giveaway winner: The winner is.....Bethany from Life Unexpected.
Email me Bethany and I will email you the voucher!


7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awww, it looks like you guys had so much fun! I sent u an email this morning..:-)

Bethany said...

how exciting!!!! I'll email you soon!

momFITtingitallin said...

What a refreshing weekend! Glad you had a good time

Holly said...

Looks like a great time! :)

New reader/follower! Found you on Tiffanys blog :)

Hall Around Texas said...

How fun!! Found your blog through Tiffany's Flaunt a Friend! Glad to have found you!

Laura said...

That looks like so much fun!! Glad y'all have a fun new place to hang out..especially when it's hot! And really, what did people do to entertain kids before they had portable/car DVD players?! Lifesaver!

Katie said...

Aw looks like a great weekend! I need to read those books! I saw the preview for the movie and have decided to wait until I read them :)