Thursday, June 14, 2012

Walking down Memory Lane

Staying at your parents house really makes you realize how quickly life goes by. Old pictures from growing up remind me of memories that I feel like were so recent, even though they are years and years ago. This past two years has flown by and sometimes it's overwhelming for me to sit and realize that things are not going to slow down and I just need to buckle up and hold on. I want to remember every memory and embrace every day, but sometimes my days are one giant blur.

How do you embrace something that you can't slow down?
My chubby, bald, toothless baby is now a full grown toddler with a full blown vocabulary complete with tantrums and testing of boundaries.

It only takes a year for all of those things to change?


She didn't poop at my mothers day dinner this year, but it did make me laugh when she did it last year.
 The cutest thing I've ever seen in a bikini.
This years bikini is even better.
Still learning to walk after one of our family runs.
Teething time.
I am still figuring out how to slow it all down a bit. Mr. T and I have decided that we are going to slllooow down this fall. We will stay home more, eat at home more and make our life decisions based on our immediate family and not worry about pleasing every other family member. We hope to have a new child soon, which will also force us to be home more.
The bigger the family, the more time you have to split time. We are so fortunate to have such an awesome, loving family that wants to see us but at some point we have to take a break and just worry about our little family.

Because time is just going by too fast.

3 comments:

Courtney Cakes said...

I love the idea of sloooowing down this fall.

Erin said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose days and even weeks can be a complete blur. But you're completely right, sometimes you've got to quit worrying about others and focus on your little family unit which will hopefully be one person more soon!

Oh and that yellow bikini is the cutest thing I have EVER witnessed!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

It really does go by too fast. Enjoy the slower pace. : )