Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Time has Come.

We are saying goodbye to the first house we have ever owned. The house we came home to after our honeymoon. The house we brought Izzy home to when she was tiny and covered in pink. The house Izzy learned to walk, talk, eat and spilled gallons and gallons of milk and water on the wood floors.
The pictures are down, most of the furniture is moved out and our home has once again become...a house. I am good at moving on, and I am excited to move into a neighborhood with more families and less hipsters, but it's weird to close a chapter that was so big in our life.
Tonight we will spend our last night in our little cottage and then we will move in with my parents and enjoy their acreage, giant trees, and neighborhood horses while we look for our new home.
But today, we are embracing our neighborhood. We are going to walk to our favorite local food joint for lunch and then venture to our favorite little vintage store to find a new gem of a toy for Izzy. We are going to finish the day at the water park and bask in the sun and enjoy this final paragraph in the first chapter of our little families life.

 Static hair is the best hair.

 Our last thrift store find was this .75 cent puppy and she never parts with it. That's always how it works right?
Poor puppy.
My tiny long jumper...mommy's proud. 

9 comments:

Carrin said...

Good luck on your house search. I know I will always have a special place in my heart for my first home. I hope the new owners don't think it's creepy that I sometimes drive by real slow to see what they have done to "my house" ;)

Joii C. said...

Blessings on your home search! I looooove Izzy's Toms :-)

Erin said...

How EXCITING!! It's always hard to close a chapter but beginning a new one while nerve wracking can be such a beautiful thing :) hope you and your sweet family are doing well

Unknown said...

Being be army brat and now army wife moving and starting new chapters happen every 3 years and I love the adventure, I bet your going to find a beautiful house and it will be anmazing home. Love the toms.

Jen said...

Oh this post made me totally nostalgic! I felt the same way leaving our first "home" and all the little things in our city neighborhood we loved to do. Good luck in your move!

Courtney Cakes said...

Love Izzy's little outfit and puppy...

I wish you luck in your house hunting!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Good luck on finding your next house to experience a bunch of firsts in together. : )

Crystal Seed said...

Good luck on your house search! My husband and I are in the same boat. We actually have a house though. We are just waiting on a closing date right now, and we have renters moving into our home on June 29th. So we have less then a month to live here. Sad, but true. Good luck, and I'm looking forward to more posts on your progress!

Ashleigh Nichole said...

Good luck sweet girl to you both! I know you both will find a new home to make many new memories in! & I am sure those memories will be even better then the last :) n btw oh my izzy had gotten so big :( where did her tiny little self go?