Friday, September 14, 2012

And just like that...

She became a big girl.

It took her less than a week of mommy/daddy boot camp before she had potty training all figured out. Many kitty cat treats were given, and tons of potty dances occurred in our living room but it was all worth it.

I am really happy to not have to change dirty diapers, but at the same time it means that Isabelle is no longer a "baby". She is a fully trained pooper in the potty and she's not afraid to tell you just that.

Hopefully, she will not be our last "baby", so I am embracing this time of no diapers, yet I am still hoping that I will be able to buy tiny diapers again sometime soon.





Suddenly she looks and acts a lot older than she did a few weeks ago. She is picking out her own outfits, including cowgirl boots to look like her daddy (although Mr. T doesn't wear pink ones) and she is making a lot of witty comments. I am loving it.

This weekend we will be enjoying the new, cooler weather, I will be getting out all of my fall decorations (HALLLELUJAH! My favorite time of the year kicks off!) and we will be watching a ton of college football.
I couldn't be more excited.
Which, officially, makes me my mother.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Her. In those boots. I die! Love it. You are super mom for a one week potty training. We will have to definitely do that play date asap so you can give my sis some tips. Grant is up in KS but when he gets back a park date in this cool weather is a must!

Erin said...

Ah I can't believe she's potty trained! Way to go! And those cowboy boots are adorable :)

basebell6 said...

AWESOME JOB TO YOU BOTH! those pics are adorable!!!!!! i apparently need some tips too b/c i've been potty training 2 years now and my kid still had a poopie in the undies the other day. gah.