Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Weekend Away

This weekend marked the first time I have ever left Mr. T and Isabelle alone overnight and it went remarkable.
I went to Nashville with my sister to help her clean up some things (they are selling their house in Nashville and moving back to Tulsa) while my nephew celebrated his 7th birthday with his friends. It was a fast trip, but we had a lot of fun.
Mr. T has never had Isabelle all alone for that amount of time so I was nervous.
Not for Isabelle, because Mr. T is super Dad, but for Mr. T.
I knew that plenty of trips to Chic-fil-a would ensue, but he assured me that ice cream wouldn't be the main source of calories for the weekend...I still don't know if that's true.


They did all the things that I HATE doing. Zoo trips (I hate the depressing Zoo. Like really, really, hate), multiple trips to the hardware store all while listening to Eric Church's "Springsteen" on repeat.


Isabelle had her first pee pee on the potty while I was gone and she also learned about all sorts of different animals from her zoo experience. The relationship she has with her dad is amazing and I am so glad to be able to leave town and know that she is in great hands with him and he is actually teaching her things and not just making sure she stays alive (although that is important).

Mr. T also acknowledged how much harder the weekend was then he thought it would be.... which made me smile. We talked about how hard single parenting would be, not just for the tough stuff but also for the awesome stuff that you want to enjoy with someone else. So if you're a singler parent reader...I applaud you. You.Are.Amazing.

I had a great weekend away, but I was glad to get home to see my two favorite faces.

Even though I think both of them were even more happy to see me.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Isabelle is so cute! I love her little face!

Caley-Jade Rosenberg said...

Haha, it is amazing how often moms are left with the kiddies but not normally dads. I am so glad you managed to get away for the night, and how much your husband appreciates you when you get back.

I agree with you though, I take my hat off to single parents - it cannot be easy!!
x

Unknown said...

Chikfila AND the zoo? Win win. I admit the Tulsa Zoo is VERY depressing. I'll totally give you that one. SO happy your sis is moving back. It's great having your sis in the same town.

Laura said...

aww no more Nashville trips?! That's fun for you--she will be close to y'all! Looks like they had a great staycation together while you were gone. I haven't done that yet either!

Ashleigh Nichole said...

Awe Isabella keeps getting cuter & cuter each time I see sweet photos of her. How far are you from Nashville? its like an 1 1/2 drive for me to get there. It looks like the Mr took great care of little miss & they both had a blast. However I am sure they are very glad to have you back :)