Friday, November 11, 2011

Fall Family Pics

What I'm loving about right now, is the fact that there weren't hidden camera's at our family pictures. I love how pictures always look so serene and the families always look like they have never had a bad day, rainbows wake them up every morning right before they have their Starbucks in bed while watching country music videos. Is that only my fantasy? Anyways....

Last weekend we made the mistake of traveling to visit family for the weekend and then rush home for our family pictures without taking time to get a good nap. Isabelle was NOT a happy camper. No amount of sweet snacks or her hilarious cousin entertainment would get her out of her funky mood. She didn't want to be held, but she didn't want to be put down. She continued to tear her bow out of her head and kick her shoes off her feet. This made me irritable (you're welcome for using a PG word there....because I was not using PG words in my head during the pictures), which in turn made me take it out on Mr. T, which in turn made him grouchy and us want to do anything BUT be all lovey dovey.



Don't let the cuteness fool you. She was being rude all day.

Thanks to a great photographer (if you're in the Tulsa area, let me know I'll hook you up) and the grace of God, we got a few good pictures. So now when we send our Christmas Cards we will look a little more like the rainbow family and a little less like Lindsey Lohan's family.

9 comments:

Candice said...

I think that's always the hoy of taking photos with little ones....I know we go through it too. I think you're photos came out great :)

Nessa @{Casa Braaflat} said...

my little are always terrors on photoshoots. hmm, i wonder how old they are when you can finally get them to just be sweet and smile. i'm guessing like 8.

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Beautiful pictures! They came out fantastic!

Erin said...

haha you definitely don't look like linsey lohan's family! These photos are beautiful!

twomorefeet said...

These look great! Isabelle did a good job of making her rudeness! haha

Katie @ minivan diva said...

The turned out great. I always have to bribe my kids. Whatever it takes.

Amanda T said...

Adorable pictures! Love the 2nd one. & I know how you feel, lol. Just about everytime we've gotten pictures done one of them is in a crabby mood. lol.

Shelli said...

Great pictures! Family pictures are the worst... You build up so much anticipation and plan everyone's outfit and then your husband makes you mad, the baby won't smile at the camera and (in my case) you rip your pants at the park!

basebell6 said...

well if i didnt know the story behind the photos, i'd definitely think you guys get woken up by rainbows everyday! :) CUTE!