Thursday, June 30, 2011

Run, Shop, Pool, Threading..

Another hot one here in Oklahoma! I don't feel as "oh my gosh, it's so stinkin hot and it's not even summer yet" because it is officially summer now and the fourth of July is almost here so it's time for it to get steamy up in hurrr. I got up early again to run, this time I ran with this guy:

Since we ran hard yesterday and I plan on running hard tomorrow I just ran four easy miles this morning. It was a really nice morning and I ran again without music! I don't know what it is, but in the mornings I hate music! When I run any other time of day, I have to run with music or else I will quit early. I am kind of grouchy in the morning so I get annoyed really easily and music seems to just tick me off for some reason. It's kind of nice to just enjoy the morning and have my quiet time to pray, think about the day and WAKE UP!

My award for winning the 5k race on friday was $100 gift certificate to a local running store! Cha Ching! It was burning a whole in my poor pocket so today we went out and spent it! I got some cute Nike Shorts and a cute Adidas shirt. I have a tough time finding running shirts because I have a torso that belongs on someone that's 6'5" so most shirts are never long enough. The only brand that really fits me is Lululemon and we don't have a store here in Oklahoma (and I'm not rolling in the dough, so I only buy it for myself as a treat. Sometimes I treat myself quite a lot though. If you haven't tried it..don't. You will be addicted and love it and never want to work out in anything else or even change outfits for that matter. You'll be poor. You'll be a really cute, poor, happy runner) so I am trying out the adidas shirt. It looks pretty long so I'll let you know how it goes.  

The rest of the afternoon was spent at the splash park.  I can't stay inside all day and Isabelle insists on being outside so we have two choices: pool, or splash park. Today was the splash park. Of course, she loved it!




And then we enjoyed a little Pei Wei before heading to the mall for me to get "threaded". Yes, that's what I said. Have you heard of it? It's amazing. It's for your eyebrows and is like waxing, but it doesn't hurt as bad, it doesn't rip your skin off or make you look like you got in a fight with Mike Tyson. They do it all with this little piece of thread! Now, I'm telling ya, hair was flying like they were threading Chewbaca when they were working on me, so if it workes for me it can work on anyone! (Side note: they do bikini areas...normal, sure. Not normal: they are at a kiosk in the middle of our mall. WHAT? Who does that? We're in Oklahoma people. Conservative capital of the world!) 


A little demonstration on how they do it. Craziness to me! P.s. This is not my eye.
Did you watch the finale of the Voice? I was happy with the last two. Of course, I wanted Dia to win, but I am still happy for Javier. The highlight of the show...Miranda Lambert singing my favorite song of all time with Dia. The House that Built me makes me want to cry everytime I hear it. My parents lived in the same house my entire life until I turned 24 and they decided to move. Sad, sad day for me. I'm still bitter. So the song seems to fit my life perfectly. Do you have any songs like that?


5 comments:

lesleyzellers said...

First off, your little one is ADORBLE! We love the splash parks too. And threading, heck yes! I've had it done before and really should go back. I need some serious professional sculpting :) Lastly, I too watched the Voice and was a little bummed at the winner. I was rooting for Dia and Vicci. Oh well, I'm sure they'll all have records soon. Ok, that was long. Sorry.

Chels said...

I agree, running in the mornings can be so peaceful and nice...I have yet to ditch my IPOD when I run though.

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food said...

Your little girl is simply precious! :) I love her little outfit too, simply too cute! :)

I wish that we had cable so I could watch the voice - everyone is so talented. Congrats on your 5K win that's wonderful! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THREADING!!!! But I cry a little tear everytime...I'm a wimp!

Neon Blonde Runner said...

Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad we found each other!

I also feel like I have a long torso, I can't stand it when shirts ride up. Congrats on winning that race and winning that gift certificate, what a wonderful prize.

Happy July 4th weekend, hope you have a great one.