Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summa time and the livin's (not so) easy

The weather here in Oklahoma is pretty warm this time of year. Yesterday, it was 98 at 12:00pm with about 100% humidity...or at least that's what my frizzy hair and shiny face were screaming. The night before we had some pretty hard storms come through which made for a cooler morning than normal and left me without any excuses on why I shouldn't get out and get my run in before my two sleeping beauties woke up. I am watching a friends 2 month old baby so I need lots of energy and running seems to help get my blood flowing and really wakes me up (and nothing to do with the giant pot of coffee I chug when I get done). My favorite running buddy (sorry Mr. T) is my goldendoodle, Spike. He's pretty much the cutest dog that has ever lived (I'm not lying, it's a fact. If you don't believe me, then you haven't met him). No matter what he is doing, if he sees me putting on my running shoes he starts whining and running to the door. Yesterday morning was no different. Usually, Spike can run 8 miles and be pulling me as I come scooting sprint in. Today, he made it 3 miles before he was dragging behind. The weather is too hot for him and he just gets too tired! I dropped him off back home and then went a few more miles. After the track workout last night my legs felt like Gumby's legs, but by the end of it they were more like Pokey's legs (isn't that the name of Gumby's horse friend?).


Spike. Don't mind the grass stain on his face. He slid on his head to fetch the tennis ball.
I said he was cute. Not smart.

We spent most of the day in our private, infinity/granite/heated pool (you didn't know Granite came in bright pink?). Isabelle's future boyfriend came over to play and watch her frolic in the pool flexing her six pack abs. She stole helped him with his pacifier and he gazed into her eyes. It was really sweet.


She's trying to impress him with how far she can launch her toys...
he's pretending to not watch and play hard to get. Well played buddy.


All in all, it was a busy day. Between taking care of two babies under 10 months old and 2 dogs, I wasn't able to find the time to make and eat a gourmet meal, unless you consider Quizno's gourmet, then yes, we did eat  gourmet.
My favorite part of the day..... 



Daddy pulling weeds while baby eats sticks. Great parenting 101

Reading all of these creative blogs has really got me into crafting and I think a trip to Hobby Lobby AND Michael's is in my near future. I need to find some things to make. Fathers day is right around the corner so I have to teach Isabelle the joy of giving (because that's what good mothers do). She does, after all, have the best daddy in the entire world. Any suggestions on fathers day gifts??

2 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Hey lady, came over from my link and didn't see a saturday morning scene. hopefully you'll get one up soon? beautiful header pic by the way!

Melissa said...

I thought I posted it...guess not. Haven't had my coffee et:) it's up now! Love your pic. So sweet!