Monday, February 25, 2013

To my old man:

 
 
Happy 30th birthday old geez. Thank you for robbing the cradle and agreeing to marry me...I'm so glad you're not into trophy wives but more into grumpy moms who wear yoga pants (sorry 'bout that). 
  You always take care of me, think of sweet gestures (HELLO! Coffee each morning!) and you keep me and my smart/inappropriate mouth out of many fights and jail time. I owe you everything.
 
Sure, you may be old and fall asleep at 8:30 but I think it's cute that you pretend like you never were asleep. The random laughs that you throw out totally throw me off.
 
Sure, you may be old and not want a raging 30th birthday party, but that's what I love about you. You deserve a low key, intimate, birthday. (Also, your 40th birthday is just around the corner so we can always party it up then...here's to breaking hips!)
 
Sure, you may be old but you can still look hot wearing 3D glasses to watch a little Top Gun.
 
Sure, you may be old but I appreciate that you made that teenager on his skateboard go pick up the trash that he threw down in the neighborhood. My mother earth loving hippy ways are rubbing off on you!
 
 Sure, you may be old and CHOOSE to do a half marathon for your birthday, but you killed that half marathon. Prime age baby!!

Sure, you may be old but you're still a bad ass.

I love you. To the moon and back.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ah sweet :) I do not think he is old but that may be because I am turning 30 this year :)

Erin said...

Haha, great birthday post!

mail4rosey said...

He's going to be torn between laughing and putting you on watch for calling him old so many times, lolol.

Happy birthday to your dh. :)

basebell6 said...

Happ big 3-0 to your hubs! Mine has a few weeks left and he joins the club too! Love that pic of you two! Adorbs!

Donna said...

So sweet. Happy birthday to your hubby.