Friday, July 6, 2012

Our Week

In pictures.
 Of course that is sweat on her hairline...also, this picture was taken at 8:30 am.
She is her daddy's child.
 Honestly, what is better than a pool and pretzels?
 Me on the right getting out sprinted by the girl on the left at the fourth of July firecracker race in downtown Tulsa. I justified getting beat by telling myself, "Oh whatever, she probably doesn't have a baby."
I was right. She has TWO babies.
Crap.
 Our little lady liberty enjoying the train watching on Independence day.
P.s. Thomas has taken reign over Dora in her world. Do I have a nerd on my hands?
Again, she's her daddy's child. (LOVE YOU Mr. T!)
 Getting her wiggles out on Neena's trampoline.
 You haven't really enjoyed life until you've had a drink of cold hose water on a hot Oklahoma summer day.
 My girl is such a girl. Her favorite life experience? A pedicure.
This experience deserves a post all of its own.
 Mommy's angel.
My heart.

Life here has been great. We are soaking up the summer and trying to embrace our hectic schedule.

We signed our final foster care contract and we are officially an "open house" as soon as we move into our new house at the end of July.
We are keeping our file open for foster care and adoption both (they are two completely separate departments) and praying that our path is made clear.

Thank you so much for your continued support and prayers, it means the world to us and I can't tell you enough how encouraging you are!
The wait for our child getting harder for us. I know that our child is out there and needs us, I just can't get to them fast enough so I will continue to pray that they are protected. It feels like one of those terrible dreams where you are running as fast as you can and aren't moving.
It is a hard fight, but I know we weren't called to be comfortable.
Your messages and emails remind me to keep pushing and not to look back.
And for that, I can't say thank you enough.
Micah 6:8


3 comments:

Bethany said...

If it makes you feel any better…I have never run more than 3 miles consecutively in my entire life. So great job even finishing a marathon! You are quite impressive!

basebell6 said...

loved the caption about her not having "a baby". LOL!! just remember you rock!

yay for being an open house soon!!

Jessica said...

i'm new to your blog so i know nothing of your fostering journey so far, but when i read that you have a open house i got excited. we have a huge heart for adoption and it's ecouraging to see others out tthere pursuing it. i'll be praying.