Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving at the Lake


 This year was the first year we have spent our Thanksgiving at the Lake. Mr. T's family just built a beautiful home on a beautiful Texas lake and it made for the perfect Thanksgiving setting. The best part? I didn't really have to cook much of anything. Store bought pecan pie did the trick and it was easy to carry that on a 6 hour car trip. I did make some of these cute little Pilgrim hats that I found on Pinterst. I thought I did a great job, but Isabelle kept calling them Cowboy Hat cookies. Sister is already really good at calling me out. 

My girl made her daddy proud as she caught 3 big fish on her pink, sparkly, Dora the Explorer Fishing pole. She didn't mind that they were slimy or squirmy, she held on to them like a trophy fisher woman should do (I wasn't there to show her a grossed out face. Fish gross me out...big time).


We had a blast doing a lot of nothing. It is so weird to me when I see Isabelle with her cousins and SHE is the older one. She likes to teach her cousins how to do things and new words to say. She is becoming such a big girl and it's so exciting to see. I am thankful for our little family and I am thankful for such a happy little girl that will be such a great big sister some day.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving. Fish creep me out too. Good call on that one.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Such cute pictures!