Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Home Study #1

We have prayed for this process to be easy and to go smoothly. When I'm reading articles in the local newspaper about DHS and the foster system and how it is taking them, on average, six months to schedule ONE home study, I try not to get discouraged.

When I read about the THOUSANDS of children that are waiting for a family here in Oklahoma, I try to not let it break me. I know that MY child is one of those thousands, so I have to just believe that the process will go smoothly.

I asked for your prayers during this and you guys responded and our prayers are being answered!
 We had our first home study last night where we completed all of the questions and paperwork that can usually take 3 visits to complete.
We have our next scheduled home study next week, not months and months from now. We start our classes next week and we will complete them by the middle of June. That means if all goes well, we can have a child in our home in the middle of JUNE!

Our prayers have been answered and I am completely humbled.

Thank you for your prayers and please continue praying for us and the children out there that need families!
James 1:27

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! (I need to stop reading the adoption updates while at work because I keep tearing up!) Prayers and good thoughts are headed your way for YOUR child to be with you in just over a month!!

Carrin said...

Very Very Very good news! I am so happy for you guys. It is truly amazing what you are doing for a child who needs you. The rewards are two fold!

Erin said...

I have chills from head to toe. God is so good! Glad to hear the first home study went well!

Katie said...

I'm so happy for you!!! That is amazing :) Can you believe it? The middle of June is not that far away!!!!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Very exciting!