Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Terrific Tuesday

Today my nephew from Nashville is in town so we are going to a big water park here in town to escape from the heat and make up for some lost time spent with my little man. He is my sisters son and they lived in Kansas when I did, so I got to watch him grow over the years. I feel so old saying it, but time really does fly! He is starting kindergarten in the fall and I feel like I was just changing his diapers! Watching him grow so quickly really has made me appreciate the little things with Izzy. 
 My sister and her family moved to Nashville a few years ago so there is a little hole in my heart for them because we don't get to see them as often as I would like to.  My nephew is quite possibly the sweetest, most hilarious little man I have ever met and he is being so adorable with Isabelle! I have LOTS of pictures and stories that I will share on another post....for now it's time to PARTY with my little man!
Ah yes, I am getting a taste of parenting more than one kid and it definitely is a challenge. Isabelle is obsessed with Carter so anytime she hears him speak she gets really excited (even when we are putting her to bed) and it's next to impossible to quiet a 5 year old that is trying to postpone bed time. Mr. T  and I also had to split up our runs this morning. I did 1 mile hard and then 8x400's in my neighborhood all alone. It's not only boring, but I felt like an idiot sprinting by my neighbors that were outside drinking their coffee. When Mr. T. is with me I don't feel like the only idiot in the world sprinting down the street when no one is chasing them. We're the crazy neighbors everyone talks about.  HAPPY TUESDAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I have a 5 year old who starts kindergarten this year. I definitely feel old.

Awesome job getting your run in! I feel like an idiot sprinting in my 'hood too. Girl's gotta do what she's gotta do!