Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vacay in Pictures

After I come home from vacation, I always get the "vacation blues". It's so weird but I get really sad and feel like my home life is so boring. Note: I love my life, I wouldn't change anything in it (unless we are being completely honest, I would prefer it to be 85 and sunny every day but Christmas. Christmas can snow. And I would have a maid that would do dishes for me. I hate dishes) but for some reason when I get home from a trip, it takes me a few days to get back into the routine of things.
Today, I feel like myself again and happy and ready to REALLY look at San Diego pictures without being sad about the trip being over.
If we were a band. This would totally be our album cover.

Izzy and Aunt Jessie


Loving life as a California beach bum

Mr. T's sisters..minus one.

All of the sisters and the birthday mama!

The TERRIBLE view from our balcony. Gah, who would ever want to live here?!

OK. Now, I'm getting sad again.

Papa John and Isabelle....giving someone the stink eye

I haven't mentioned it before, but Mr. T's family is ridiculously good looking. I know, annoying. They're also really nice and all get along perfectly. I know, double annoying. We had a lot of fun together without any family drama and I don't know many people that can say that (I can't even say that about my immediate family). Mr T's dad and step mom deserve medals. They raised THREE daughters and a son (all one year apart in ages. Do the math..They had FOUR kids in college at the same time) without going bankrupt and still actually enjoying each others company. Pretty amazing if you ask me.
Family trips can be a tricky thing now-a-days. When I was younger if there was a fight between siblings, my dad just lined us up outside our creepy blue van and spanked us (gasp!). It worked. Now, when families fight they don't speak for years and lose millions of irreplaceable memories. Sadly, I have dealt with that in my family (it's all good now though..things are peachy. Fake it til you make it folks) and I pray that my kids never experience that. Big families can come with a ton of big challenges. How do you deal with yours?

1 comment:

Jazmin @ My Little Memory Jar said...

Awww you are so blessed to have in-laws like that!! Wow, that is so impressive and seriously inspirational. They should be writing a book on how to raise kids properly. ;) Sounds like they have the perfect example...

♥Jazmin