Friday, March 2, 2012

Practicing for the Hunt

As I have mentioned before, I am a tad bit competitive. Not just about sports, but about everything. Including Easter egg hunts. Sure, Easter is a month and a half away, but it's never too early to practice getting your hunt on. This will be Isabelle's first Easter where she can actually participate in an egg hunt and I don't want her to get dominated so yesterday we set out to practice good hunting strategies.

Sidenote: We also learned that dog poop is not an Easter egg. Unless the Easter bunny is a huge jerk.

I will say that she made some progress. She is collecting all her eggs quickly, but she requires that I hunt with her as well. Mama is laaazy. Mama likes to sit and watch.

We also bought some new sidewalk chalk to play with. Sidewalk chalk is one of those things that sounds great in theory, but then when you get it home you realize what a disaster it really is and the inventor of it is clearly a man without children and a hater of clean clothes.
 White pants for toddlers....terrible idea.


Sidewalk chalk is now on, literally, everything outside. Including her dogs.



After a hard day of hunting, a good photo shoot is always necessary especially when it includes a cute toddler covered in dirt and chalk from head to toe.

Running update: My Boston Marathon training is going....well, it's going. This week was my easy week and I definitely took it easy. Wednesday I woke up with a bout of vertigo (the room was spinning and I felt nauseous) so I took the day off and went pretty easy the rest of the week. I don't have a long run this weekend, so I am looking forward to relaxing and not walking like an 80 year old woman on Saturday afternoon. Next week starts the tough month and then it will be smooooth sailing!

2 comments:

jennifer blair said...

Hehe. That's hilarious that you learns poop is not an egg! Haha! She's such a cutie!

Katherines Corner said...

what a cutie pie. Oops watch fr poop, giggle xo