Thursday, January 19, 2012

{Training}

As I have mentioned before, Mr. T bought me a new little love for Christmas in the form of a new camera. I have had so much fun with it so far. I have no idea how to use it, but I do know that it has already paid for itself by catching some of my favorite family moments.  

I am not the type of person to half way dive into anything (which can be dangerous). When I set my mind to accomplishing something, there is no stopping me. I have been following Ashley's blog for a while and she has become such an awesome mammarazzi inspiration for me. She also attends the same church as I do so I have been able to hear some of her tips on picture taking. As soon as I heard that she has an online class, I put it on my Santa list since I knew I was getting a camera. Santa came through and I started my class last week!

I have learned so much already and have had so much fun learning. I do have to work on my daughter acting a little more natural around the camera, because everytime she get's a glimpse of it she says, "CHEESE!".

 Telling a story.
Isabelle loves coaxing her best buddy into chasing her. She carries his favorite blocks around lures him into her favorite places.
 Merger. Her head is growing a chair. Mergers, mergers EVERYWHERE!
 Framing.
Caught this little man doing his new trick...pulling up. On everything.
 Also framing.
Isabelle doing her "fake laugh" to one of her favorite books.
 Lines.
I like the poles lining her in the back, but I don't love how bright her face is.  Or how nervous she looks.
 Movement. This was a lot harder to capture than I though. Sister is fast!
Rule of thirds. Not loving the crappy crop.

So, now I have accomplished my weekly homework. It's easily been the most fun homework I've had in a LONG time.

This picture just makes me laugh. Isabelle put on her Papa's glasses for a good laugh. 
She looks like a cute little librarian if you ask me...or Mrs. Claus. 



3 comments:

AshleyAnn said...

These are great! I love the framing ones. Mergers drive me crazy. They are everywhere even when I try to avoid them. You should be really proud of what you've captured...thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Hi, Melissa! I'm visiting from the snapshop course! I love the photos with your daughter and her book and with the color book...gives some idea of her size in comparison with those items. She'll grow up too quickly!

Definitely librarian :o)

Laynah said...

Good job! I desperately want to be able to figure out a camera one of these days before I'm "mommy"