Wednesday, August 8, 2012

So What! Wednesday

It's time to continue the theme of this week of keeping it real (f.y.i. while we are "keeping it real" I must tell you that I don't think I've ever actually said the phrase Keep it real. So please don't judge me.) and join Shannon with a little So What! Wednesday

This week I am saying So what!

If Isabelle said her first bad word. It rhymes with Whit and it's a natural "naughty" word for me. I could be surrounded by the Pope, my pastor and Billy Graham in the middle of church and if I stub my toe, you can bet that word is coming out. Isabelle dropped a crayon and said it. I asked her if she said, "sit" and she said no and then repeated the bad word. I turned my head and called my mom. My mom's the one that passed that terrible gene on to me and now I have done the same.
Yikes.

That I had ANOTHER reminder that I'm getting old and boring when I realized that I hate the music that is out nowadays. This disco/ techno/ terrible music trend is awful. Remember the cool days of Nelly, Ludacris, and a good Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera rivalry? What happened to those days?
Beiber's pretty good though. So I guess there's hope in the Pop world.

That I can't imagine the excitement the mom's of the Olympians feel...Isabelle TRIES sitting on the potty and you would have thought she just won a gold in the 100 meter dash.
I am trying my hardest to not be a stage mom.

That I might shed a few tears when the Olympics end. I love them and I love all the stories of the athletes. I guess I will just drown my sorrows in Big Brother drama.

I used to get my butt kicked run against a few MEDAL winners at the Olympics. Jealous of them? Heck no. I'd much rather drink wine in front of the TV with my hot husband then sign my life away to Track and Field. Plus did you know they tax those medals $9000.
What a country, right?

That I just found out that duet synchronized swimming is an Olympic sport. You're kidding me right? If I would have known that when I was 12 I would have dominated! Do you know how many hours my sister and I choreographed routines in the pool?
The Russian swimmers dressed like dolls while synchronized swimming....super creepy.

That I am SUPER excited for fall to get here. I love fall smells, fall colors, fall clothes, even though the thought of putting on warm clothes makes me feel suffocated.
It's hotter than Haiti here right now.









1 comment:

Danielle said...

Great to find another fellow Okie! I can know I am sharing my misery about the heat with someone else :)